Who am I?
- Cyber Officer
- Assistant Professor
- Just Another Dude
What is Hacking [a Hacker]?
- Applying problem solving through a technical means to overcome a challenge or problem.
The use of a computer to gain unauthorized access to data in a system
- We will do this, but only on authorized systems
How will we learn?
- Brief Introductory Material
- Gamification (/ˌɡāmifəˈkāSHən/)
All Credit Goes to Madeye
Who are you?
Answer below on white board
- What is your handle (name)?
- What do you do (job / position)?
- How good are you at computing (pick 1)?
- Your computer is a typewriter
- Know enough to reboot when in trouble
- Have installed a printer or router
- Have dabbled with some code before
- Some previous EE, CS, or IT experience
- Some Cyber Security / Hacking experience
How Computers Store Info
Super Advanced Encoding
Data and Non-Printable
Keeping our Information Secret
Protect your Data
Public Key Cryptography
Super Advanced Encryption
Super Advanced Encryption 2
RSA w/ Python
One Way Functions
Time to Hack!
Link removed since no longer active
- Make teams of 2 (work with someone!)
- You both can sign up (ignore what it says)
- Solve problem using previous techniques
- Be nice to the system (it’s broken!)
How to Stay Connected
I Don’t Actually Known Who You Are
Bi-Monthly Meetings (Hopefully)
- Upcoming Topics:
- Hacker Toolkit & Cyberstakes Prep
- Reverse Engineering
- Other Events
What to Help with the Club?
Plenty of Work to go Around
- Topic Development
- Web Development
- Organization / Club Management
Where to go from here?
So you Want to Learn More
Thanks for attending